By Iris Leon, Executive Director, DCCF
Most of us give to charity at least once a year. We give because it has a transformational impact on organizations, communities, and ourselves.
But how can you ensure that your favorite causes are supported for the long-term? How can you establish your charitable legacy?
The Delaware County Community Foundation (DCCF) is proud to serve as the premier provider of philanthropic services in our community. As your community foundation, DCCF plays an important role in harnessing the collective power of philanthropy, ensuring charitable assets are available to meet your personal charitable goals, and that our community’s evolving needs are cared for today—and forever.
Is giving through your community foundation right for you?
- Do you care deeply about your community?
- Are you interested in creating a personal or family legacy?
- Are you considering establishing a private foundation, but concerned about the cost and administrative complexity?
- Do you want to receive maximum tax benefits for your contributions?
- Do you place a priority on sound financial management of your contributions?
DCCF can work with you to establish charitable funds that offer maximum tax deductibility under the law, are low cost, and are responsibly invested. A wide range of assets are also accepted, including cash, publicly traded securities, closely held stock, IRA rollovers, and more!
What are the different ways you can give?
- Support Delaware County’s greatest needs by contributing any amount to DCCF’s Invest in Delaware County Fund.
- Establish and name your own fund, a family fund, a scholarship fund, or a memorial fund with a gift of $10,000 or more.
- Make a planned gift to support a thriving, healthy Delaware County community for years to come.
- Give to an existing Field of Interest Fund, or establish your own (such as for arts & culture, health, education, the environment).
- Give anonymously
What are some ways people just like you have worked with DCCF to impact the community?
The Lansdowne High School Class of 1953 Scholarship Fund
Alumni from the 1953 graduating class of Lansdowne High School established this fund to grant college scholarships for high achieving students from Penn Wood High School (formerly Lansdowne High School). The scholarship fund serves as a way for alumni to support future generations in their quest to access higher education.
The Logue Family Remembrance Fund
Through a planned gift left in his will, Mr. Joseph R. Logue established a permanent endowed fund to support St. Katharine Drexel Parish in Chester, PA. Through this fund, the St. Katharine Drexel is able to support scholarships for students in the parish attending Catholic school.
Hope for Children Fund
The Hope for Children Fund is a field of interest fund that supports children of Delaware County who have been impacted by abuse or neglect. Every year, DCCF funds high impact programs through a competitive grant applications process.
To open a fund or for more information, contact the Delaware County Community Foundation today!