The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Discuss Philanthropy with Your Clients*
- It’s good for society, it’s good for your clients, it’s good for your business, and it’s good for you.
- It may surprise you how many of your clients are searching for a way to give back to society, to memorialize a loved one, or simply to do good.
- Discussing philanthropy with your clients can be done unobtrusively, in a way that respects their privacy, values, and autonomy.
- It expands the menu of services available to your clients, thereby increasing their level of satisfaction with you and your services.
- It adds to your areas of expertise as a professional advisor.
- It increases the potential for new referrals and thus opens the door to many new clients.
- It marries your chosen profession with your desire to do something good for the world.
- It helps address important social needs and helps make your community a healthier, more vibrant place to live – a real legacy for future generations.
- It puts you in touch with a supportive network of new colleagues who are willing to share their time and expertise.
- It’s easy to do …
*From the Giving Forum Website, The Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers, Washington, DC.